Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5th, 2011 - Paul's 12 Days of December- Vonder Haar Center for the Performing Arts

Day #5- December 5th- Favorite 5 of 12 - Vonder Haar Center for the Performing Arts
I was fortunate enough to meet and work with Tracy Vonder Haar and was so impressed with her center I wanted to pass it along to all of you!  It is located in La Canada, CA and the center offers classes for kids to adults!  I personally think anything that offers children (and others) exposure to the arts is a good thing!  Excerpts of the Vonder Haar Mission Statement, really sum it up for me though..."To provide an environment which fosters young artists and provides an avenue for professional development and creativity...To develop respect and appreciation for the Arts in the performers and the audience alike...To entertain, inform, and educate audiences."  How can you not support THAT?
If you are local, take classes to support them!  And as a special offer, if you mention PAUL, the center will offer a FREE class with the purchase of a 4-class card.  Cool right??  They offer Crossover Cardio, Pilates, Tap, Jazz, Broadway Jazz, Ballet, and, beginning in January, BeMoved.  There is only one person in LA certified to teach BeMoved and they have her!
If you aren't local and can't take classes, you can make tax deductible donations.  See their website for more info: http://www.vh-center.com/index.html
Lastly, if you are local but don't want to take classes, go see their winter show, the Vonder Haar Center for the Performing Arts will be presenting, VISIONS OF SUGARPLUMS. See the flyer below for details.
Please support the Arts!!



Paul
GetPaulHoward.com



Vonder Haar Center for the Performing Arts presents VISIONS OF SUGARPLUMS.  Set during WWII in NYC, this
family appropriate Christmas ballet, complete with dancing elves and snowmen, is the story of a little girl and her
mother as they celebrate the holidays while dad is off to war.

The performances are Dec 17 at 7 and Dec 18 at 2:30 at the Glendale High School Auditorium, 1440 East Broadway,
Glendale, CA 91205. Tickets range from $26 to $40, and are available by calling 818 790 5775.

1 comment:

  1. It must be a wonderful center. I wish I were in LA, but I'm in NY.
    Thanks for telling anyway. One day, maybe, I'll be in LA.

    I am a professional actor and I have a blog on acting too. I think you might be interested in what I write. If that is so, I'd be happy to have you as a follower, commenting anytime you feel like and sharing your opinions.

    I like your blog and I'll definitely follow your activity in the blogosphere.

    All the best,
    Jay Paoloni
    jacopopaoloni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete